It is the mission of the Temecula Public Cemetery District with the utmost dignity, care and compassion, to provide the highest standards and affordability in burial and cremation services for the families of the deceased.
It was 1884 when Mercedes Pujol widow of Domingo Pujol arrived from Spain to Temecula to settle her late husband's estate. It was at that time that she donated a small parcel of land with the intentions of it being used for public burial grounds. During that time the Cemetery was cared for by volunteers of deceased loved ones. In 1929 the Temecula Public Cemetery became part of the new California Special Districts. It was then that the Cemetery Board of Trustees was appointed by the Riverside County Board of Supervisors. Today the Cemetery District has 5 Trustees that volunteer their time for the District.
The Trustees are policy makers for the District and oversees the perpetuity of the cemetery. At a regular Board meeting in 2012 the Trustees along with the recommendation of the General Manager decided to fund a 5 year renovation of the cemetery. These renovations include, but not limited to, new landscaping, removal of old landscaping, removal of old benches, chairs, neglected shrubs and or memorabilia. New additions to the cemetery are beautiful granite benches that will last a lifetime. Also the cemetery included in their options, private Family Estates located on the south east corner. Along the Northern wall there are 67 in ground cremation lots with beautiful mahogany granite upright markers. The newest addition to the cemetery is their Ossuary, which will be available for purchase spring of 2014.
The Trustees and Staff take great pride in the vast history within its walls and it is the intent of the Board of Trustees to maintain this cemetery financially and visually well into perpetuity.
Donations in your name are gladly accepted.